1/10/12

The Weight is Over

 Finally, I have a moment to talk about my day. It started good I went into the office with my mind on the weigh-in. It was unavoidable the group leader spotted me and before I could even say good morning he said are you ready for the weigh in. No, I want to go sit at my desk, have me some tea, and eat my breakfast. As I stared in his eyes those are the words I wanted to say but what came out was sure let me put my bag down and I will be right with you. As we walked side by side towards my desk I felt myself dragging a bit I knew this was inevitable; so I laid my bags down and walked in the kitchen. That is where the weigh-ins takes place once a month. 
    I stepped on the scale and did not look down I knew I was not going to be the biggest loser but I did not want to be the biggest gainer neither. I stepped off the person said would you mind stepping on again to make sure that the number is precise. Again, I stared in his eyes and wanted to say if you did not get it right the first time hell if I am going to embarrass myself again. Nope, I did not say, that either instead with a sheepish grin I said ok no problem. When I got off the scale the second time the person looked and me and said wow, finally you are going in that right direction. Wait did he say you are going in the right direction I wanted to ask him to repeat it but I am sure I hear him correctly the first time.  
 The person took his red pencil from behind his ear and began to write down what he saw on the scale. He started looking over his charts then he glanced over at me, I was not leaving the kitchen until he was done. About three minutes went by and he said you are in the running for the biggest loser. I said no way he said everyone one else gain except you and another woman. As I started to walk away the person said be proud of yourself you finally got it. However, after another review, the other woman did win but you keep up the good work he said and we both walk separate ways. At that moment in the lunch, I realize when you do well on your healthy living choices people notice.
When you do bad well they really do not give a monkeys uncle if you know what I mean. Every month prior to this month, the person barely gave me a second glance and always let it be known; I was going in the wrong direction by saying this is the biggest losers club get it. Little things to try to get under  my skin he said he only said those things to help me change my eating habits but  for whatever the reason this is the first time he stop, looked and smile with the good job nod. 
In addition, he mentions me in the email it read honorable mention to Kim with the 1lb lost
*Good Job*.    So I gave myself a round of applause for effort.






No comments: