1/1/12

The New Year is Here

In the bed; again today, because of the pain of my acid reflux, let me not scare you; I have been to the doctors and they treated the acid reflux and gave me medicine. Lately that has been my routine taking medicine, and then going to bed. Not something, I chose to do but it seems to be the norm around here.

While trying not to be negative, I turned on the television just to past the time and almost every channel I turned on talked about or showed someone losing weight or trying to lose weight. First, they showed the persons health issues that force them to change and as I watch their stories, I thought that is what I am feeling. Seems like the more they talk; about their problems the more it seem as if they were talking about me. Every ache, every pain even the struggles sounded familiar. During one program tears ran down my eyes because as the lost the weight and felt the relief of their pain. I thought about how good that would be for me, if I could just get rid of  this discomfort.

In addition, while lying in bed I occasionally look down at my legs and it scares me that the legs that I see belonged to me. I blame no one, but myself for this; I played with my health for far too long. Going up and down, and up down with my weight on the scale, it seems like I am at a point of no return. I must say that the more weight I have gain the harder it has been for me to get started again. I know mentally what I need to do and have the desire to do it but getting started is becoming my downfall.

However, one weight show, I was watching struck a nerve, I heard Dr. Oz say at least start with seven minutes of exercise you are worth it. Here I am thinking seven minutes, is nothing I can do that and because my shoes were by my bedroom door and I was dressed since this morning. In addition, my stationary bike was already in my room what harm could it be to ride for seven minutes.

 Well after staring at shoes as if they were, magically going to slip on my feet and gawking at my bike like it will ride by its self I decided to get up and get on it. Moreover, I did I rode the bike for ten minutes and it did not kill me. The pain was still there but I did not die; I was able to ride my bike for ten minutes. However, after my ten minutes and my heart pounding as if I ran a marathon, I slowly climb off my bike, slipped off my shoes and crawled back into bed. Not by choice the pain forced me to, my hope is tomorrow will be a better day and that this will be first of many days I get to ride my bike again.




No comments: